Road Running Technical Council (RRTC)
Saturday December 2, 2017
RRTC business (9:30 am – 12 noon)
Demo/training for online course measurement and certification
(1 pm – 5 pm)
1. Acceptance of last year’s minutes
2. Old items
3. Registrar Report
4. West Vice Chair Report
5. East Vice Chair Report
6. Validation Chair Report
7. Training Chair Report
8. RRTC name change proposal to include race walking and x-country courses.
9. Certification of non-paved courses. What percent will we allow? This is a continuation of last year’s discussion where there is still a great deal of confusion.
10. Amending the rules for ultra records to allow non paved certified courses.
11. Certification of cross country courses
12. Olympic Trials and the RRTC
13. Liability for errors
14. Measurers as USATF Certified Officials. This has been in the works for several years and it's time to make it happen.
15. Certifying courses outside of the USA – NACAC Certification Program. Legally we can only issue a USATF Certificate for courses within the USA. Any other courses must be Certified through the IAAF or by that country's certification program. Obviously many countries do not have their own program especially our neighbors in the Caribbean. The IAAF divides the world up into several regions. We belong to the NACAC region (North American - Central America - & the Caribbean). We have already received approval from the head of NACAC to start a program just for this region. It will follow the same protocols and procedures of the RRTC but the Certificate will be issued with the NACAC logo.
16. 2017 Ted Corbitt Award : Gene Newman, Bob Letson, & Mike Wickiser
17. Measurement Contest
18. IAAF – new rules & A & B status
19. The future of the JR Counter.
20. New Certification Online Platform
A group that included Jim Gilmer, Justin Kuo, Jane Parks, David Katz and others have been working on a new online certification platform that will help streamline the entire process and reduce errors. A role out will take place along with demos & training at this years annual meeting.
21. Additional topics