Road Course Measurement Bulletin Board    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Course Measurement  Hop To Forums  Electronic Measurement    Possible problem with freezing the display
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible problem with freezing the display
 Login/Join

<Neville>
posted
For certain operations with electronic counters, it is useful to freeze the display, and, where the counter does not have a built-in off switch, I have advocated sliding back the body so as to break electrical contact with the sensor. However, recently when using the Protégé 5 and 9 I have noticed that, when electrical contact is re-established, the revolution display occasionally increments by one. I have never been able to elicit this response from the Protégé 8 and it may never happen with any model if the counter is allowed to fall asleep first.

The fix is obvious: watch the display while re-establishing contact and make a correction if the display increments. Those measurers using the Sigma Sport magnet can avoid the problem by freezing the display in a different way. The magnet is simply twisted on the spoke so that it is furthest from the sensor side.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post