Skip to main content

I have been using Don Garrett's Calibration course this year. It's about 15 miles away but for the courses I have measured this year it has been somewhat on the way to the course location. However, I really would like to create a premanent calibration course near my house.

Just a short distance from my house, I have found a 450+ meter long drainage way. It is 1 meter wide with smooth surface with curbing on each side. It is slightly slooped so that water can runoff. My Garmin GPS shows a drop of 3 meters over the 450 meters.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Hardwick:
I have been using Don Garrett's Calibration course this year. It's about 15 miles away but for the courses I have measured this year it has been somewhat on the way to the course location. However, I really would like to create a premanent calibration course near my house.

Just a short distance from my house, I have found a 450+ meter long drainage way. It is 1 meter wide with smooth surface with curbing on each side. It is slightly slooped so that water can runoff. My Garmin GPS shows a drop of 3 meters over the 450 meters.

Any reason I should not use this as a calibration course.

Below is picture of the area that this is in.

Last edited by peteriegel
Gene,

Thanks for your feedback.

Suprisingly, this is actually a very smooth, cement surface. Much better than most roads. Road my bike on it today and seems to be a pretty good option.

And, I do have another location that would work. It is an asphalt surface with cement curbing. 400+ meters. It's only a few miles away.

Most likely will measure and certify both locations as calibration courses.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.