Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One reason for intermediate split counts, even if someone (for whatever reason) does not mark the splits, is to have a reference for review.

If I measure a 10k and note my splits every mile, or km, or at a spot at a few intersections, I can check both of my rides to see that my clicks for each segment are consistent. As a certifier, this was a way I could see if a new measurer was 1) riding consistently, or 2) fudging numbers to make the overall length "work out".

I think intermediate splits are valuable, and would encourage their use.
I concur with Bob, but would like to find verbiage such that, for example, we will get the quarter-mile splits on a certified road mile too.

When I had the chance to measure with Bernie in Canada a few weeks ago we noted, measured, and marked EVERY km in the marathon (41 splits + terminus + turn-around). Bernie drove Nail + metal washer at each km split. That gave us a lot of good data to analyze. I usually do every mile + 5 km splits (30 splits).

Capturing the split counts on the application data sheet is a good practice and should be encouraged.

JJ

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.