Skip to main content

I'm a new measurer, measuring my first courses this year. While research calibration courses here in Michigan, I came across one that indicated it was measured by bicycle. Is this conceivably a mistake, where the wrong box was checked? (I guess I could just ask the measurer.) A calibration course is meant to calibrate the counter on the bicycle, so it would seem that all calibration courses should use a precise distance meter or a steel tape. Am I wrong about that?
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Gene,

Yes, I have been in touch with my Regional Certifier (Scott Hubbard). I think we're all squared away there until I get him my data.

I was just looking for local cal courses, although I intend to establish my own, and glanced at this one - MI10017SH - where I notice the bicycle measurement box checked, thus prompting my question. Unless I'm missing something, there may be a mismatch between the paperwork and the actual calibration course; the website lists the distance as 304.8m, but the paperwork and map is for a 1000m course.

I've been lurking here for quite some time since deciding to get into this last summer, and I've found the forum extremely useful.

Rob

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.